Customer Services Assistant – Farnborough, Hampshire
About the Job
SpeedLink, based in Farnborough, has a well-established history of innovation and success. Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for a Customer Service Assistant to work alongside the Customer Service Manager.
ROLE: CUSTOMER SERVICES ASSISTANT
AREA: N/A – Office based
SALARY:Up to £23,000 basic salary, company pension, paid holiday, etc.
The focus of the Customer Services Assistant will be to ensure swift handling of enquires from existing clients, handling enquiries from new customers and assisting the operations team process and allocate time critical shipments across the network in a timely manner.
- Ensuring prompt client response via phone and email
- Identifying the specific needs to meet mission requirements
- Tasking & liaising with drivers regarding mission critical shipments
- Sourcing, booking and monitoring of agency drivers
- Reporting to management regarding operational matters
- Ensuring billing and Driver Pay meets required parameters
- After care customer support via phone, email and post
- Data entry to various systems
- Processing new clients into Sage CRM
- Handling and investigating client complaints
- Submitting claims to various suppliers as a result of service failures
- Implement corrective and preventive procedures where appropriate to reduce future complaints
- Preparing thank-you packs to new clients for mailing
- Handling out-of-hours enquires from office closing until 11PM one evening per week
Handling out-of-hours enquires one weekend per month (Sat 8AM to Sunday 11PM)
To be successful in the role of Customer Service Assistant you should have proven telephone based customer service experience together with dispute resolution or complaint handling experience and a Can-Do Attitude.
The ideal candidate will need:
- Proven experience of working in a phone based Customer Service department
- Must be willing and able to take ownership of client requests
- Must be able to investigate and resolve customer problems and issues
- Must be computer literate with strong attention to detail. Familiarity with Sage CRM is a plus
- A good working knowledge of UK and European geography is definite asset
- Proficiency in English is a must and 1 other European language is desirable (but not essential)
- Own transport is preferred. However, location is less than 10-minute walk to mainline station
This role will suit someone who has worked as a Customer Service Advisor, Logistics Co-coordinator, Sales Administrator, Service Co-coordinator or Courier The role would also suit someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced role dealing with phone and email enquiries. An interest in the travel, logistics or airline sector would be beneficial.
If you would like to apply please send your CV together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from SpeedLink within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
To apply, please click on the link below or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of David McMillen