When transporting by road, bespoke vehicles for the transport of cremated remains are utilised. We do not use motorcycles, courier vans or trucks. Cremated remains are transported in dignified and appropriate passenger vehicles. Hybrid and low-emission vehicles are available and can be requested. Other types of shipments are never carried in the same vehicle at the same time as cremated remains.
When other modes of transport are utilised such as rail2, sea3 or air4 – urns, containers or scatter tubes are carried in special cases that are used solely for the carriage of repatriated cremated remains. We employ hard sided lockable units such as Pelican cases or similar. Remains are never carried in hold baggage out of our couriers care or with the courier’s own belongings.
Regulations & Paperwork
Regulations and paperwork are simple and straightforward with SpeedLink’s Cremated Remains Repatriation Services. The only paperwork required for cross-border transport is a Death Certificate and a Cremation Certificate or the local equivalents. For service within the United Kingdom only, paperwork is not required.5
Permission is not generally required to repatriate cremated remains anywhere. However, some countries require documentation or certificates of ‘non-objection’ when repatriating cremated remains which SpeedLink can arrange and apply for on your behalf.
How Does It Work?
- To arrange for a cremated remains shipment, simply Contact Us for immediate assistance.
- We will need the full address, contact phone number and opening times of the collection and delivery points.
- We will need to ascertain the time-frame you require the shipment to be completed.
- This will allow us to provide you with a tailored quotation6 and advise a transit time frame.
- Once a service is selected, an up-front payment by credit or debit card, BACS, Chaps, SEPA or similar electronic funds transfer is required to confirm before a cremated remains courier is dispatched to collect.
- A Booking Confirmation will be forwarded to you by email with the above collection and delivery details as well as dates, times and additional services selected. And invoice will also accompany this email.
- You will be then be notified by email when the shipment has been collected, is in transit and then when it has been delivered safely. Telephone notification is also available if required.
Price Match Guarantee
We offer to beat any written quotation for a like-for-like service. Please ask for details.
2, 3, 4: For transport by air or rail and some sea crossings – urns, containers or scatter tubes must be made of a material that allows for x-rays to penetrate to receptacle such as cardboard, plastic or wood to facilitate the security screening process. Death & Cremation documentation must accompany shipments using these modes of transport even within the United Kingdom.
5 We recommend that death and cremation certificates (or local equivalents) travel with the shipment in case they are required later at the delivery point.
6 Additional services such as a timed delivery, splitting of ashes for transport to different locations or even the addition of an Ashes Scattering Ceremony can be added. Please ask our team for more information.