Business Development Manager – Farnborough, Hampshire
About the Job
A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY has arisen for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER based from our UK head office with an excellent opportunity for advancement and fantastic commission structure for a results producing individual.
ROLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
AREA: United Kingdom & Ireland
SALARY:Up to £35K basic salary, OTE uncapped, company car, mobile, laptop etc.
The role requires someone based in the South East who has a strong background and existing contacts within the SAMEDAY / TIME CRITICAL / SPECIALIST SERVICES courier industry, who is very sales focused, has strong closing skills and is good with people.
This role combines both team leadership responsibilities for the 2 indoor sales/operations personnel together with field sales territory and targets.
- To develop and grow the New Business Development role within the company to achieve Country, team, personal sales and KPI targets.
- Generate new business opportunities against set annual targets within the defined territory
- To develop and grow the defined service offering in SAME DAY, TIME CRITICAL and EXPRESS FREIGHT.
- Maximise all opportunities from existing portfolio and new business opportunities.
- To implement the sales and marketing plan defined by the Head of Sales and Marketing meeting the key objectives.
- The ideal candidate will need:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Analytical and structured
- Self-starter and able to work to deadlines
- Effective team player and leader
- Result driven and dynamic thinker
- Finally, you must be able to work and lead others to meet targets and deadlines
In addition to regular working times and schedules, on-call cover for the operation is required one evening per week and one weekend per month
- Up to £35K (depending on experience)
- Commission Scheme
- Company Car & fuel card
- Company pension scheme
- Standard full time position, Monday to Friday
- Holiday - 20 days (Rising to a max of 26 days in line with tenure.)
- Commission - based on targets being met and rules of the current scheme, can earn up to 50% OTE
If you would like to apply please send your CV together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from SpeedLink within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".
To apply, please click on the link below or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of David McMillen