USA to UK Cremated Remains Courier & Repatriation Services
SpeedLink's USA to UK Cremated Remains Courier and Cremated Remains Repatriation Service is the best choice for the safe and secure transportation of your loved one’s ashes from the US to the United Kingdom.¹ Shipping from Canada?
This is a new service for families and organisations who are budget conscious. This service is in addition to our flagship personalised service.
The Simplest Way to Send Ashes from the US to the UK
We have implemented an all new, simple three step process for repatriating your loved one’s ashes:
2 - SpeedLink Ottawa clears customs and ships the ashes to SpeedLink London, UK
3 - Your party collects the ashes from SpeedLink London
- Or -
3a - You can elect to have a timed delivery to any address in the UK (subject to additional charge.)
3b - You can also arrange for the ashes to be scattered at points across the UK if you desire (subject to additional charge.)
Prices start at $995 USD* or £749 GBP
Why you can Trust SpeedLink for Cremated Remains Courier from the USA
SpeedLink's reputation is unparalleled with many years of experience in the transportation of valuable and sensitive materials across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. We will always provide honest and transparent information to our valued clients, allowing them to make their own, informed decision to purchase. And you can always count on SpeedLink to provide exactly what we promise, and when.
The main advantages of SpeedLink’s USA to UK Cremated Remains Courier services are:
- Eliminate costly additional services from funeral homes.
- Negate the need for confusing, overpriced, and deceptive freight forwarding services on export AND import to the UK.
- Eliminate cumbersome customs clearance procedures.
- Costs are kept low by self-delivering ashes to SpeedLink's Ottawa offices via USPS.
Ashes must be shipped in a box measuring no more than 9" x 6" x 6" (22.9cm x 15.2cm x 15.2cm)² This box can be placed in a slightly larger box with additional cushioning for the mailing service to SpeedLink if desired. Urns, containers or scatter tubes larger than these dimensions are not suitable for this service. SpeedLink can safely re-pack on request for a nominal fee.
Regulations & Paperwork
Regulations and paperwork are simple and straightforward with SpeedLink's USA to UK Cremated Remains and Repatriation Services. The only paperwork required for cross-border transport is a Death Certificate and a Cremation Certificate or the local equivalents.³
Permission is not required to repatriate cremated remains from the US to the UK. Some countries require documentation or certificates of 'non-objection', but this is not required for shipments of ashes entering the United Kingdom.
Price Match Guarantee
We offer to beat any written quotation for a like-for-like service. Please ask for details.
* US Dollar price is indicative and can fluctuate with changes in the exchange rate. Price will be charged in GBP/£ Sterling at £749.00 (tax not applicable.)
¹ Service is available from Ottawa, ON to SpeedLink's UK office with onward service to any UK address if required (at additional cost.) Some customers may prefer our personalised, door-to-door service.
² This service requires x-ray penetrable receptacles such as cardboard or plastic measuring no more than 9" x 6" x 6" (22.9cm x 15.2cm x 15.2cm).
³ Death and cremation certificates (or local equivalents) must travel with the shipment in all cases. They are required for security and customs clearance purposes.
Your Vital Link for USA to UK Cremated Remains Courier #vitallink
How Does It Work?
To arrange for a cremated remains shipment, simply Contact Us for immediate assistance.
- We need the full US and UK addresses for the sender and receiver.
- We need to ascertain the timeframe you require the shipment to be completed.
- This allows us to provide you with a tailored quotation† and advise a transit time.
- Once a service is selected, an up-front payment by credit or debit card, EFT or similar electronic funds transfer is required to book the service.
- A Booking Confirmation will be forwarded to you by email with the above collection and delivery details as well as desired dates, times and additional services selected. An invoice will also accompany this email.
- Cremated Remains will need to be sent to SpeedLink’s Ottawa offices no later than the 15th of the month, in a cardboard box not more than 9”x 6” x 6” (22.9cm x 15.2cm x 15.2cm). SpeedLink can help with repackaging if required.
- The cremated remains shipment will then be forwarded to SpeedLink’s UK facility in the first week of the following month.
- Once the cremated remains have arrived in the UK, SpeedLink will prepare them for onward forwarding if desired. Or we will confirm when the ashes are ready for collection at our UK offices. SpeedLink is a short 25-minute journey from London's Heathrow Airport.
- You will then be notified by email when the shipment has been collected or delivered safely. Telephone notification is also available if required.
† Additional services such as a timed delivery, splitting of ashes for transport to different locations or ashes scattering can be added. Please ask our team for more information.
For more information on this service, please download our Cremated Remains Courier brochure.
8:30AM - 5:00PM - EST
207 Bank Street, Suite 439,
Ottawa, ON, K2P 2N2
We're Here to Help
We offer a seamless, international door-to-door service with the utmost care, attention and security.
Ashes Scattering Services
We can add an ashes scattering service to able your loved ones final wishes to be realized.
Domestic Courier Services
We provide the most secure service between crematoriums, funeral directors and family members across the country.